Breaking News

Thank God This Styling Trick is Trending, Because I Head-Sweat

While there are an infinite number of ways to wear a scarf (trust me, I've tried them all), one easy-to-wear look is going to dominate your Instagram feed this summer. Forget Dad style, I'm ready for Grandma style, starting with my scarves. Many of our faves have tied their scarf in this way: Queen Elizabeth is known to dabble in this while countryside, Rihanna has done it—hell even A$AP Rocky wore it like this on a red carpet.

image
A$AP Rocky ties his Gucci scarf like Queen Elizabeth

Getty Images

But to be completely honesty, the real reason it's piquing my interest is because we're not talking enough about head sweat.

image
Your majesty.

Getty Images

Rihanna wears a colorful scarf over her head as she leaves her hotel
Your majesty #2

SplashNews.com

As someone who suffers from mild to serious head sweat, summer heat gives me that Kardashian wet look, but less Kardashian, and more exasperated and down right soaked. There's no escaping top-heavy perspiration. While I have learned to to live with it, I find that a silk scarf is an easy solution. Unlike hats, wearing the grandma scarf doesn't soak up the sweat. It redirects the sunlight and creates a wind tunnel that helps aerate my temperamental topper.

Beyond treating head sweat, this retro look is cute. It will make you feel like you're driving to your summer home in a 1950s convertible. We suggest the standard 36"x36" size, and 100% silk only. Synthetic fabrics will feel like you're trapped in a plastic bag. Tie your scarf two different ways: under your chin like a sweet grandma/ A$AP Rocky, or at the nape of your neck, which was all over the Kate Spade New York runway. And don't forget sunglasses to top off the look.

No comments