Breaking News

This Hack Will Change the Way You Apply False Lashes Forever

Anyone who's ever tried strip false lashes knows how difficult application can be. You have to apply juuust the right amount of glue to the strip. Wait for it to get tacky. Then, with tweezers or your fingers, very precisely line it up close to your lash line. That usually leads to multiple unsuccessful attempts and sticky glue all over your lids.

Today, that changes forever. Influencer Raye Boyce, aka @itsmyrayeraye, has a genius hack that she says she's been using for six years, and she included it in a recent makeup tutorial.

First, she takes Duo Brush On Adhesive in black and applies a thin line directly on her eyelids. LIKE LIQUID EYELINER! She starts out on the outer corners of her already-done eyes, then moves inward. Finally, she applies the lashes on top of the glue strip and pinches them together with her real lashes. Mind. Blown.

"Here's how I quickly apply my false eyelashes in literally seconds! People ask me how can I wear false lashes almost everyday and this is how," she wrote. "There is no waiting for the glue to dry! You just apply and pop those bad boys on and your ret ta go!"

The big key here is you need to use a glue with a brush applicator.

image
Raye Boyce applying Duo lash glue directly to her lids.

Instagram

I immediately had to try out this hack myself at my desk and it really worked! I chose the most outrageous pair of lashes I had on hand, used a clear glue instead of black, then applied the glue to my lids. It took me all of 60 seconds to get both strips on. No multiple tries necessary.

Behold:

image
Crazy long lashes in 60 seconds, thanks to this hack.

Courtesy

They were also easy to remove and, because I applied less glue than usual, no sticky residue was leftover on my lashes. You're welcome!

No comments